SNAP Launched to Serve Growing Demand for Specialized Educational Services and Programs
Dallas/Fort Worth, Tx., January 2024 – Texas-based PyxisCare Management announced the launch of its special needs advocacy program (SNAP) to serve families and trusts in search of services, programs and accommodations to support a child’s individual educational needs.
“As a leader in the care coordination industry, we have experienced a sharp increase in the need for specialized support for children in learning environments,“ said Mindy Jones, Founding Principal of PyxisCare Management. “As people become increasingly aware of their options for educational accommodations, many of them see hope ahead for the challenges they have been experiencing, drowning in paperwork and concerned about their children meeting their full potential. It’s been a pleasure to play a part in giving these kids the services they need to develop and thrive.”
PyxisCare SNAP advocates shepherd families through the complex world of education advocacy, including but not limited to the following:
- Interpret reports and evaluations related to Section 504 – the US Department of Education’s statute that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
o FIE (Full Individual and Initial valuation)
o IEP (Individual Education Plan)
o BIP (Behavior Intervention Plan)
o IEE (Independent Educational Evaluation)
- Build proposals for IEP goals, accommodations and schedule of services
- Accommodation tracking and data collection of IEP goals for reporting
- Attend ARD (Admission, Review and Dismissal) meetings to advocate for eligibility
- Offer guidance related to IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), FAPE (Free and Appropriate Public Education), including procedural safeguards and transition planning
- Advise parents and guardians on their case, options and due process, including:
o Waiver program enrollment
o Benefits enrollment
o Guardianship timeline and referral
o Ancillary program placement (therapies, job training and placement)
The PyxisCare SNAP process begins with an initial assessment with the student, family, a special educational professional and RN. The RN team stays involved in medically fragile cases. The assessment builds the basis for further actions and next steps in the advocacy process.
Contact Nicky Haynes at PyxisCare for additional information on SNAP at Nicky.Haynes@Pyxiscare.com To speak to one of our experts or schedule a consultation, contact Mindy Jones at mljones@Pyxiscare.com